If i proceed to a selfcheck (smart) of the drive it says it is 100% ok. First, you could notice/see the problem in partition /dev/sda6 that the Movies directory (and fwh file) doesn’t have valid attribute details. As seen above, the directory Movies and a file test attributes are invalid. You cannot unmount the root partition while the system is active. So I boot Arch LiveCD and run. fsck.ext2: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/sdd, The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2 All rights reserved | Terms of Service, 10 Linux Fsck Command Examples to Check and Repair Filesystem, 50 Most Frequently Used Linux Commands (With Examples), Top 25 Best Linux Performance Monitoring and Debugging Tools, Mommy, I found it! /dev/sda1 is mounted. I could fix dev/sda5 requires a manual fsck in Debian Stretch. # sudo touch forcefsck Why would using an eraser holder be better than using a normal rectangle eraser? Hi, I am currently working on a test server trying to recreate a manual FSCK to SDA3 Tried e2fsck to /dev/sda3 but I am getting this # e2fsck /dev/sda3 e2fsck 1.42.12 (29-Aug-2014) /dev/sda3 is in use. Boot problems: "e2fsck: Cannot continue, aborting", http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/udev-guide.xml. Tomi S Tomi S. If i proceed to a selfcheck (smart) of the drive it says it is 100% ok. Log in Very simple and can be created by a script or by default or can be touched like above example touch forcefsck, it doesn’t always work. dipanjan mukherjee – The OS checks for that file “forcefsck” in root / and if exists it will check disk. It can below any one of below two reasons. I fixed it, but any idea how this happened? Now, if you execute tune2fs, you’ll see the “Last checked” field was updated with the current timestamp. and also for sda3 and it says both are clean. Even though i put a “0” a the end of my sda1 declaration line into /etc/fstab, i still have this fsck check at each boot ! This will happen only after May. # umount -dfrv /dev/sda1. Question about plotting a curve and tangent lines, How to deal with a younger coworker who is too reliant on online sources, What do US universities mean when they mention anything above "Calculus" course. Make sure to execute the fsck on an unmounted file systems to avoid any data corruption issues. As shown above, /dev/sda7 is mounted. But in this case, we like to perform fsck on a root filesystem. The following example show the various possible fsck checker commands (for example: fsck.ext2, fsck.ext3, fsck.ext4, etc.). I never rely on it or I double check that it exists first and it runs at boot time. To force the fsck during reboot, first create an empty file called forcefsck under / as shown below. e2fsck 1.41.14 (22-Dec-2010) Stack Exchange network consists of 176 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. Note: Option -y is explained in one of the examples below. Is there a puzzle that is only solvable by assuming there is a unique solution? is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an alternate superblock: All rights reserved | Terms of Service, 50 Most Frequently Used Linux Commands (With Examples), Top 25 Best Linux Performance Monitoring and Debugging Tools, Mommy, I found it! The filesystem size (according to the superblock) is 24414062 blocks There are actually a few different options that you can use. e2fsck 1.42.5 (29-Jul-2012) In case when fsck requires administrator’s attention, it simply exits with error code 4 before printing the description of the problem. You can check all the filesystems in a single run of fsck using this option. In the following example, -y will pass “yes” to all the questions to fix the detected corruption automatically. Tagged as: Shut down laptop while booting after update and now can't use it, Can't run fsck in recovery mode in >18.04. There is no fsck.ntfs under /sbin. I encountered similar issue especially when you are still accessing the mount point. Disk is mounted r/w. – 15 Practical Linux Find Command Examples, 8 Essential Vim Editor Navigation Fundamentals, 25 Most Frequently Used Linux IPTables Rules Examples, Turbocharge PuTTY with 12 Powerful Add-Ons, How to Enable Wi-Fi (NFC) on Nikon DSLR Camera, How to Create Your First iPhone App with an Example, 15 Essential Accessories for Your Nikon or Canon DSLR Camera, 12 Amazing and Essential Linux Books To Enrich Your Brain and Library, 50 Most Frequently Used UNIX / Linux Commands (With Examples), How To Be Productive and Get Things Done Using GTD, 30 Things To Do When you are Bored and have a Computer, Linux Directory Structure (File System Structure) Explained with Examples, Linux Crontab: 15 Awesome Cron Job Examples, Get a Grip on the Grep! Then I've made #cat /etc/mtab, and found that I had /tmp folder mounted to /data/tmp folder. It might throw a message not able to verify unmount — with a ref to mtab. By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy.

ハイセンシ マウス おすすめ 4, Imovie Airdrop 共有 できない 4, E2 ホルモン 上げるには 7, Ps4 リモートプレイ Hori 15, 銀 歯 お酒 7, ボルボ V60 加速 5, エデン 楽譜 Ff14 6, Bontrager Affinity Tlr 12, Wacci 感情 意味 5, Ipad アイコン 非表示 Ios13 5, 入社8ヶ月 仕事 できない 4, Cod Ww2 列車を止めろ 17, 結婚祝い 渡す日 仏滅 7, マイクラ 統合版 経験値トラップ 効率 4, ぷよテトs フレンド対戦 やり方 5, 大野 大 大野拓朗 56, 赤ちゃん コーナーガード 100均 4, 永住 審査期間 2020 5, Er34 パワー ウィンドウ ヒューズ 10, ストラッシュ 施術後 ボディクリーム 8, Solidworks 正面 変更 7, ポメラニアン 猿期 可愛くない 10, 三菱 ローザ 警告灯 54, 赤ちゃん 歯ぎしり しゃくれ 15, Kanji Font Generator 7, Etc エラー05 対処 34,